Saturday 19 September 2009

Sorry Its Late

Due to some personal issues my card is late this week but never mind. Thanks to everyone that joined in with us last week... we had another great response to Heidi's sketch. Let's hope Clare W gets just as many xx

Clare W has chosen a gorgeous sketch this week which I know I am going to use time & time again. Her theme this week was Birthday Card. I have combine it with the Pollycraft challenge which is Black, White & one other colour.

Here is the result.....



I decided to use brown as my own other colour. Instead of using a Pollycraft image this week I decided to use a background paper. This is from the Chocolate & Blue Doodle Dreams Papers. I bugged 2strips of white card using my swiss dots folder. I had a play with the piece of black card & took a piece of sanding paper to it. Apart from it making a mess it did soften the edges of the card & give it a slight distressed look. Not half as distressed as I was at the mess it had made on my cutting mat lol!!! I coloured in Bubbles using my Aquas. I added a 2nd layer of flower above his head just to give it a bit of depth. The flower in the corner has had a brad added to it. The ribbon is from my stash & the sentiment is a D&D diecut message.

I didn't have time to decorate the inside of my card this week, but I am sure I will finish it off properly later. x Clare xx

Pens Used:
Aqua Promarker : Sepia

3 comments:

LOUISE said...

Fab card Clare, love the image. Louise x

craftysue said...

Such a great card love onion he is fab

Unknown said...

Aww how CUTE! I love black white and brown. VERY classy!
Viv x