Thursday 10 September 2009

Christmas Time at MAWTT - Challenge 12

Well I have been able to avoid starting my Christmas cards that is until now. My lovely DT buddy Heidi decided that this week's sketch theme would be Christmas. So my 1st card of the year is done lol!!!!

Before I go on & show you this week's card I just want to say thank you for the fantastic entries for my challenge last week & there were some lovely comments about the blog & cards too. The girls & I really appreciate your feedback.

This week the lucky winner will get the chance to be Guest Designer for the next 2 weeks so why not have a go.

Now I've teased you enough here is my card for this week's challenge....


The backing paper is Snowflakes & Mittens by Rusty Pickle. I added 2 Christmas square stickers by Papermania. These have been sat in my embellishment box since I bought them last year, as I never got round to using them. The ribbon is from my stock. The snowflake is made up of 2 snowflake stickers that were in my stash. The main image is a stamp by Whipper Snapper. I so fell in love with these stamps last year & treated myself to a few Xmas ones but never really got to play with them properly. This year I intend to correct that so look out for lots more cards with this image. I coloured in with my Aqua Promarkers, details as always at the end of the post. I added White Opal liquid pearls to his eyebrows just to give them a bit of dimension & texture & what would a Christmas card be without Stardust Stickles. The sentiment again is from my stash.


Here is a close up of my image.

I have decorated the inside of the card but the light is not too good today so I will post it up as soon as I have been able to get a decent picture. xx Clare x
Here as promised is the inside of my card.

I have used one of the small square stickers on the left of my card. On the right I have used the Snowflake & Mittens paper, layered the dark green embossed paper & white paper in the centre. I have added the ribbon on the left again & used another snowflake embellishment to finish it off. x Clare xx

Pens Used:
Aqua Promarkers : Gold Ochre, Permanent Green, Cobalt Teal, Cadmium Red, Lamp Black
MLP II : 72

2 comments:

Sally said...

Fabulous card. I love that Santa image!

Natalie said...

Gorgeous card Clare. x