Sunday 13 September 2009

Nearly Missed It ....Digital- Ink Co Challenge#1

The 1st ever challenge at Digital-Ink Co finishes in half an hour & I am just about going to make it lol!!! Their challenge was brilliant as they provided a digistamp of a Poppy which was perfect as a neighbour asked me to make a birthday card for her.


I used part of Heidi's sketch from this week's MAWTT challenge as I loved using it this week. The Poppy backing paper is from one of my fave scrapbooking companies Urban Lilly. I am sending my Mum out to Oz with a shopping list when she goes next month. I layered the Poppy onto a dark green embossed card. This was then layered onto a deep red mulberry paper. The ribbon is from my stock. The D&D diecut message was also layered onto the mulberry paper. I added 3 black gems from my stash.

I cut out another digistamp & just coloured in the flowers. Again I layered this onto the dark green card. On the other side I again used the Poppy backing paper & layered the green & white paper in the centre. x Clare x

Pens Used
Aqua Promarkers : Cardamine Red, Permanent Green, Sepia.

8 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Clare and I love how you gave the inside that extra finishing touches, Hope your having a great evening, Hugs, Nikki x

Teri said...

Love this card and your decorated inside too!
Thanks for joining us at Digital Ink Co.
Hope you can join in next week too!
Hugs,
Teri x

Darlene said...

WOW ... this is awesome!! Love how you used the poppy bg paper with the poppy image!! Beautiful coloring and beautiful creation!! Thanks for joining us at the Digital-Ink Co. challenge. Hope to see more of your work in the upcoming weeks!!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Glad you made it just in time! LOL Lovely card, the birthday girl will love it!!

Unknown said...

Wooo hooo, you got it in! I'm glad you did, it is gorgeous! I love the softness of your poppy! I hope you come back next week! Thanks for playing at Digital Ink Co.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Judy said...

Hi Clare,

My name is Judy (Digital-Ink Co Owner), and I'm so sorry it took me so long to get to you and comment on your beautiful card. What a wonderful job you did of the card and how you displayed it.

Lots of love
Judy/http://mandmdesignz.blogspot.com/

stitchy said...

Guess what Clare, you made it just in time and with one of the prettiest cards I have seen no less lol...Gorgeous!!!
I'm wondering if you will allow us to display this beautiful card in our gallery at the store...
if you are interested, could you pop me an email with a picture of the card and I will be honored to display it..
thanks for doing our challenge, it's always inspiring to see the end results of our stamps...hugz stitchy silkonglass@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Well yer know what they say...'Better late than never'!
Well done on getting it in in time 'coz it's a stunner!
Viv x