Thursday 23 July 2009

MAWTT - Challenge #5 - Hazel's Challenge

A big Thank You for all the great cards we had entered into our challenge last week. This week's sketch & challenge has been set by Hazel. She has chosen the theme "Cute As A Button". I must admit I really enjoyed making this week's card. I am also sponsoring this week's challenge & putting up for grabs this adorable Pink Gem Designs stamp. They are available from me by Mail Order. Just drop me an email & I will send you out a catalogue.
For my card this week I have used this adorable decoupage sheet called William by the pond by Design House. The background paper is by HOTP. I have created the panel down the side by layering a strip of blue & cream card from my stash & added a piece of daisy paper from the D&D picnic pad. I added gems to the centre of the daisies. I used my Glitter Girls board to emboss the oval behind William. I used my gold Liquid Pearls just to enhance the centres of the daisies that are next to William in the picture. The daisies across the top are from Papermania & I have added Dovecraft brads to their centres. The sentiment is from a HOTP TSV from a couple of years ago & the flower gem with wire is by CraftyBitz.
I apologise for the quality of the inside of my card. I took the photo 3 times & it still blurred. Anyway I used the same background paper for the inside of the card & added another strip of D&D paper down the side. This time I added gold Sparklies to their centres. The cream & white panels are from my stash & I punched the corners with my inverse corner punch. I added a layer of William to the edge of the card.I have to admit I have got a bit carried away with William & decided to make a window hanger with him too. I added a couple of daisies to the top & used green Stickles for their centres. A strip of D&D paper was added behind him & I found this butterfly in my Embellishment drawer. I added the word "Dream" using gold peel offs.

Just before I go don't forget to check out the other fab DT cards this week. They have worked really hard to produce some inspiring cards. Just use the links in my sidebar. x Clare xx

1 comment:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Clare, WOW i love the inside too and your William Window Hanger. Thanks for sponsoring us this week, Love Hazelxox