Thursday 2 July 2009

MAWTT - Challenge #2

Thank you all for your fab response last week to our 1st challenge. Your cards were awesome. This week is my sketch, the first one I have ever done, so it's all a bit scary. I have tried to cool you all down this week with an optional colour combination of Ice Blue & White. The winner of this week's challenge will be a Guest Designer on the blog.Cuddly Buddly recently brought out a great new range of digistamps, stamps & decoupage & I just had to have a play with Thinking Bee. I was a bit worried about colouring him in as I am not very clever when it comes to doing things like blending colours but I think he has come up okI have used a papermania 12x12 cardstock called Blue Vintage Floral which has this great foiled flourish design on it. I added a circle of Static by Crate Paper behind my image. The flourish was cut on my bug using a Sizzix Flower Die & the flower is made up from 2 Prima Painterley Petals & a Dovecraft jewelled brad. I added some Kanban gems to the flourish. The ribbon is made from 3 layers, the blue & gold wired (available here ), a length of blue which I picked up at a show & the bow is made from white organza (also available here ). I coloured the Thinking Bee with my usual assortment of pens & added Star Dust Stickles to his wings. The sentiment stamp is from Cuddly Buddly.
Here's a closer look at the bee.

I have followed the sketch through to the inside adding the gems to the flourish, but decided to leave off the bow & flower as they make the inside of the card too bulky. x Clare xx

Pens Used:
Tombow : 623
MLPII : 13, 65, 66, 72,
Whispers: Black, orange, pale orange, yellow, raspberry pink

3 comments:

Milliesmarvels said...

This card is lovely! Thank you for your kind comments on my card, I loved working with your sketch!
Jane
x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Claire the image is lovely and the papers you used are fab !! :-) Fantastic sketch !! I loved using it and will definitely use it agsin !! Very well done !! :-)


I am sorry I got the names muddled and put the wrong name !! I have amended it now :-)

luv
Lorraine x x

Unknown said...

Claire I love that little cheeky bee, reminds me of my 2 yrs old son Alfie lol Gorgeous card