Sunday 19 April 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge #1

If you haven't heard about this new challenge blog yet.......... where have you been. Run by the fabby Bev it is a must for all Magnolia fans. The first challenge was launched on Friday with a prize worth £50. They have already achieved 300 followers & had over 100 entries for their 1st challenge. Amongst the DT are Bev, Marcea & Rach. Well I just had to join in so here is my card.....While on holiday I made the smart decision to get myself a Koi waterbrush & I am now soooo enjoying stamping. If you don't have one it is well worth it & you can pick one up for about £5. I rotated the sketch as Edwin was a tad too tall to fit on the card & resized to create an A5 card. I stamped & coloured Edwin playing football using a mixture of Marvy Le Plume & Whispers pens. I layered onto a piece of scrapbook card from the Static Collection by Crate Paper. I have used my HOTP papers & added 2 epoxy stickers onto diecut stickers from my stash. The play sentiment is from the same collection which I added 4 gems to just for a bit of bling lol!!!I took the papers through to the inside of the card & coloured in another Edwin.

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Great card, good luck in the challenge. x

Bev said...

Fabulous card, the papers and colours are great
y. Thanks for joining us for our first week x

Anonymous said...

Just love Magnolia stamps, Edwin and tilda are fab to play with, love your colours and edwin will be a hit with the boys. good luck with the challenge
Aunty Sue

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for joining us this week with such a cute card Hugs Jacqui x

Sally said...

Fabulous card. I love that image of Edwin. Great color combo.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous card Clare and you did a great job with the inside too, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

a brilliant card hun, great choice of image, arn't the koi water brushes great..
Thank you for joining us at just magnolia. hugs rachxx

Naoual said...

Your card is wonderful! Beautiful papers, lovely colour combo.

Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week,

xx Naoual

Tab said...

Fab card, love little Edwin, so sweet!
Hugs Tab xxx

Marcea said...

Hi there sweetie - love your card!!! So pleased you are enjoying stamping!! Thanks for joining us on our first week, hope to see you again on Friday!
-x-