Wednesday 11 February 2009

Sketch Saturday & Birthday Card

Well I am finally getting back into the swing of things again (only taken 6 weeks lol!!). This week on Sketch Saturday there was a lovely sketch by Jeanette, click on the title of this post to view. For this card I thought I would dig deep into some of my old decoupage & see what I can come up with.........I used a glossy white card stock & I layered onto a lilac cardstock from my stash. The patterned paper is a cut down sheet of 12x12 that my Mum purchased in Australia. I have added in the corners 4 gems from Papermania. The sandy coloured square is the reverse side of some 12x12 cardstock I have in my shop & the green cardstock is the reverse side of Hope by Crate Paper. The flower decoupage as I said before is one that has been lingering unloved in my stash. It is 2 images from a multi sheet.
The inside of the card was created using a square of the patterned paper, with a rectangle of lilac card in the centre. I have added a small flower from the multi sheet in the corner.
The birthday card I have made is for my brother-in-law next week. He loves the outdoors & cycling. This card is made from a new cd that I bought at the Creative Stitches & Hobbycraft show in Brighton.
The background paper was from the cd by Kismet Creations. The green strip is the reverse of the dot card rectangle which is again Hope by Crate Paper. The image & text are both from the cd as well.
On the inside of the card I have used the same backing paper & placed a rectangle of white paper in the centre. This I have edged with peel offs from my stash.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

WOnderful cards. The decopage one is so soft and dreamy! Thanks for joining us theis week at Sketch Saturday. Hugs Jeanette