Tuesday 10 February 2009

Secret Crafter Challenge

This week on Secret Crafter, the challenge is to create a card that has something recycled on it. Well I sat all day yesterday racking my brains trying to come up with an idea. Then this afternoon it finally came to me....... I do a lot of Xstitch & have a few cards up in my stock room that I have never done anything with so I thought lets do something different. Well here it is.......
After removing the xstitched elephant from a card I had, I cut the Lilac card using a template from UKScrappers & put the xstitch behind the aperture. I added the Papermania butterfly stickers in the corners & a Best Wishes peel off from my stash.
In the inside of the card I mirrored the front of the card to create the cover for the xstitch. On the right of the inside I cut a rectangle of white paper & used the scallop from the aperture for the centre. Again I added the butterfly stickers round the edge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic result from a bit of recycling LOL - I love a bit of cross stitch.

Sam
x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

sensational recycling!

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

Hugs Jane x

Donna said...

Fantastic card and well done on recyling your x-stitch for this weeks theme, thanks for joining us at SCSC :) Donna x

Jill said...

wow this is beautiful, very creative thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x