Saturday 21 February 2009

A Sign of Spring

This week's challenge at Cute Card Thursday Challenge is "A Sign of Spring". Well the word "Spring" always reminds me of collecting primroses for my Mum on Mother's Day. So the card I have created for this challenge is a Mother's Day card. I will also be entering it into the Scrapbooking Mad competition for February............I made a 6x6 card with lilac cardstock from my stash. Onto this I layered a piece of white cardstock that I have embossed with my Swiss Dots folder. On the left I have added a piece of backing paper from the Bouquet for Mum set by Sammy at Scrapbooking Mad. I have added liquid pearls Petal Pink to the centres of some of the flowers. I have added all but the 1st layer of the Bouquet for Mum set to the middle of the card. Using my Star Dust Stickles I added glitter to her hair bow. Across the bottom I have added a sticky ribbon from the Fantasy set by Dovecraft. In the corner I added 3 flowers & a jewelled brad from my stash.
On the inside of the card I reversed the layers by putting the backing paper on the right instead of the left. I added some more of the sticky ribbon down the join of the two papers. At the top of the ribbon I have added another flower with jewelled brad. In the centre of the backing paper I have added a piece of white paper that I decorated the corners with using my Fiskars cut & emboss corner punch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute card,
Clare. I love how you have used the cuttlebug and the colors you have used too. So very pretty. Like how you did the inside of the card up to match with the outside. Wonderful. Have a great day. Phyllis M.