Thursday 14 November 2013

Xmas By The Water

Hi Everyone
Well the Autumn weather is finally here. The leaves are changing & we had our 1st proper frost in Essex this week. So I will definately be spending a lot more cosy here in my craft room. I have started making preparations for next year's projects & I am really looking forward to the year ahead. But before that happens we have a small matter of Xmas to deal with.

I have been playing with another Staf Wesenbeek card. I am not a great kit lover & if I do buy a kit I tend to pull it apart & see what else I can come up with. This is another card that has been born from that.
I used the Sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches as my inspiration. I cut round the image, then decoupaged & added some stickles. The bell & charm I found in a drawer & added these to the washi tape lace. The sentiment is from last years Forever Friends kit.

Here is a closer look at the image.


I wanted to keep the inside fairly light as this card will be making its way out to Australia soon, so I just used the main layout with a bit more washi tape lace x Clare x

Challenges I have entered.......
Sketch....... Challenge #224....... Tuesday Morning Sketches
Theme....... Add A Sentiment....... PPCC
Theme....... Winter Wishes....... ABC Christmas Challenge
Theme....... Christmas Sparkle....... 2 Sisters

Papers : Small Dots on Pale Brown Scrapbook Paper, Unknown
Image : Staf Wesenbeek
Stickles : Silver Ice
Distress Inks : Vintage Photo, Antique Linen
Washi Tape Lace : Ebay
Charm & Bow : From Stash

7 comments:

Grandma Bonnie said...

How interesting, Clare..i like new ideas. i love how you used our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Debbie said...

Beautiful snowy scene!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Melissa Craig said...

Really stunning Clare - I can feel the chill. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Jessi Fogan said...

I so love adding bells to Christmas cards! Thanks so much for coming to play at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

Angela said...

This is really a wonderful christmas card
Thank’s a lot for joining us at our W for Winter wishes Challenge by ABC Christmas Challenge
Hope to see you again
Hugs and greetings
Angela DT

Angela said...

This is really a wonderful christmas card
Thank’s a lot for joining us at our W for Winter wishes Challenge by ABC Christmas Challenge
Hope to see you again
Hugs and greetings
Angela DT

Bettina L. said...

Gorgeous christmas card. Love the vintage design. Thanks for sharing at ABC Christmas Challenge this time. Hope to see you back wednesday for another challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx