Saturday 5 January 2013

Happy New Year & A Card

Happy New Year Everyone!! Wow where did Christmas go? I had so many plans for the 2 weeks hubby had off & didn't manage any of them lol!! So anyway we are now in 2013 & boy have I got big plans for this year :-) I turn the big 4-0 in a few weeks & I have decided this is my year for doing....well we will see how far I get.....
This year I have a few BIG birthdays amongst friends & families so I will be creating like a madman to keep up lol!! Luckily I start with a nice easy one. This is for my Bestie's oldest who will be 23 :-)

I have used this fab Dustin Pike image & coloured with Promarkers. I have kept the card quite simple as boys don't like fussy. I used a Pink Gem ticket stamp for the sentiment. Here is a closeup of the image used.


The base of the card again is pretty simple but carries through the colour scheme. 


Next up will be his Mum's card, so please pop back soon x Clare x

Challenges I have entered.......
Sketch.......Challenge #179........Tuesday Morning Sketches
Theme.......Anything Goes.......PCJ
Theme.......Anything Goes.......Crafty Catz
Theme.......Anything Goes.......SWTD
Theme.......Clean & Simple.......Allsorts
Theme.......Anything Goes.......2 Sisters

Papers : Raspberry Road Christmas Collection,  Serif Picnic in the Park
Image : Dustin Pike
Sentiment Stamp : Pink Gem Designs
Buttons : From Stash

Promarkers :
Berry Red, Caramel, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Cool Grey 1, Gold, Ivory, Marsh Green, Orange, Red, Tan,


6 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Very sweet! That monkey is so cute and looks so happy. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Sarah said...

Such a gorgeously cute card Clare! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for our CAS challenge, good luck x

Debbie said...

What a fun image!! I love easel cards!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Jacqueline Smith said...

What a really fabulous, cute card. Love the image! Thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon!

Judy said...

What a cutie!! One of my best friends not only loves monkeys, she has 5, and used to run a rescue of 85 primates.

Adorable creations hun.

xo
Judy

Aunty Sue said...

cute image and thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Catz