Monday 21 January 2013

Getting Distressed

I hope you are all wrapped up warm & snug & not struggling too much with this snow that we are having.
I am a bit late with this card tonight but I have been out getting my birthday present sorted for next week. My card today is another birthday card. This time for my Aunt.


I have used a diecut decoupage image for a change & although I didn't use the sketch completely, I used the Sketch & Stash Challenge #105 as my inspiration. I distressed the papers. I have to say there is something strangely therapeutic about destroying a piece of paper........ I added some lace, flowers & gems & created a type of rosette in the corner for the sentiment.


Here is a close up of the image I used. I only used 2 layers of the decoupage. This still gives a great effect. x Clare x

Challenges I have entered........
Theme.......Birthday Card.......MAWTT
Theme.......Flower Power...... Allsorts
Theme.......Cute & Girly.......BTC&G

Papers : Prima Botannical
Image: Sarah Kay
Flower : From Stock
Sentiment : Cuddly Buddly
Dies : Squares - XCut, Scalloped Circle - Spellbinders

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card Clare love the distressing xx

Marita said...

Lovely card♥. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week♥.

Hugs, Marita

Anonymous said...

so cute and darling! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Allsorts, hugs Samantha :0)