Tuesday 6 September 2011

A Wedding Card

I was asked to make a Wedding card this week & I decided to get out my trusted Bookatrix board. The colour scheme of the Wedding was Blue, White & Silver. I was also able to make the card extra special as the Wedding was close by so I was able to add a photo of the couple signing the Register & then run it over to the Wedding Reception a couple of hours later.


The first page I cut a frame out of a parchment sheet that I had & used a horseshoe stamp that I coloured with Promarkers. I added some silver peel offs in the corners & border peel offs down the centre spine. I added a gem to the Horseshoe & a navy organza ribbon to the top. The couple's name was printed onto Safmat & added to the card.

For the front 2 pages I again added the peel offs & I found 2 jewellery links that I tied on with ribbon to represent Wedding Rings. I then printed the Wedding details onto Safmat again & added. The frame was again cut from a Parchment sheet & this is where I added the picture of the couple. In the centre of the card I added navy organza & a mixture of blue roses & white baby's breath.

On the last page I stamped a Wedding verse onto Safmat & added a Jolee's Champagne Bottle & Glasses. Again I added the same peel offs.

Lastly I made the box. I added the navy ribbon round the edge, used roses & baby's breath & edged the acetate with peel offs. x Clare x

3 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful card -i bet the couple were amazed when they saw their pic on it
Lisa x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning Clare, hope all is well with you and you are getting the house back in order after the roof issues. Love Hxx

Margaret, said...

Lovely card Clare i am sure the couple were well pleased with it .
Margaret xxx